Seaplane Pilot Rating
Pilots enhance your portfolio with the addition of the Single Engine Seaplane Rating right here at our school in Minnesota! This addition will expand your knowledge in aviation and give the pilot the flexibility of being able to land on most of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes while flying a floatplane! Please call for Pricing and Availability.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate.
- Pass a knowledge test as well as a practical test, which consists of an oral and flight exam conducted by an FAA designated examiner.
- If a single engine sea is an add on rating, then no knowledge test is required.
6-10 hours (estimated) of flight training with a Certified Flight Instructor in:
• Taxiing (Idle, Plow, Step)
• Docking, mooring, and beaching
• Takeoffs and landings in(normal, glassy, rough, crosswind)
• Emergency operations
• Successful completion of flight check ride with an FAA-approved Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE)
Prices: with Aircraft: Cessna 180 on Floats
• Hourly Rate: $350.00
• Training Package: $2100.00 Price includes 6 hours dual and Aircraft for 1hr Check ride. Savings $350.00