Tail Wheel Endorsement school in Aitkin Minnesota takes you back to the earlier days of aviation by improving your stick and rudder skills making you a more confident and skilled pilot! Please call for Pricing and Availability.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate.
- Pass a knowledge test as well as a practical test, which consists of an oral and flight exam conducted by an FAA designated examiner.
Sec. 61.31 — Type rating requirements, additional training, and authorization requirements.
• (i) Additional training required for operating tailwheel airplanes. (1) Except as provided in paragraph (i)(2) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of a tailwheel airplane unless that person has received and logged flight training from an authorized instructor in a tailwheel airplane and received an endorsement in the person’s logbook from an authorized instructor who found the person proficient in the operation of a tailwheel airplane. The flight training must include at least the following maneuvers and procedures:
• (i) Normal and crosswind takeoffs and landings;
• (ii) Wheel landings (unless the manufacturer has recommended against such landings); and
• (iii) Go-around procedures.
• (2) The training and endorsement required by paragraph (i)(1) of this section is not required if the person logged pilot-in-command time in a tailwheel airplane before April 15, 1991.